Thursday, December 28, 2017

An Enchantment of Ravens

Isobel is a human living in Whimsy. It is always summer there. She is a talented painter who has made quite a name for herself. Only problem is, her clientele are fairies. And everyone knows, you can't trust fairies. They are not the cute little garden gnomes you think they are. They are mean, vicious, and have no regard for human lives. So Isobel must tread carefully around them. When the Autumn Prince, Rook, comes to have his portrait painted, Isobel makes a deadly mistake. She paints him with human emotion on his face and this makes him look weak among his people. When he finds out what she has done, he drags her into Fairy to stand trial for her crimes so he can save face. The problem is, that all the while she was painting him, they were falling in love. And that my friends is a high crime in Fairy. As they battle their way to the Autumn court, many trials await them, thanes, the Wild Hunt, Gadfly and all the while, they must fight their feelings. It is only Isobel's quick thinking that may save them from certain death. Can they pull it off? I love a good fairy tale- ha! get it? And this one was nice. It was missing that something that really makes you connect to the characters. I like Rook and Isobel enough, but I don't think their courtship was interesting enough. I wasn't sorry it was over, but I wasn't mad I took the ride. So this one gets an eh. Happy reading my friends and beware of deals made with Fae.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...