Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Breathless


- When Mae’s older sister Ro dies under suspicious circumstances, her family falls apart. Ro was the spark of the family. Now her father is out for revenge and Mae’s twin sister Elle is determined to turn the family estate into a B and B. Who is the suspect? Ro’s boyfriend Cage, who disappeared the day she died. The only witness says he was holding her body and then ran. Of course, that witness was also in love with Ro. Mae finds the green leather journal that Ro carried with her and finds it to be filled with spells to bring back the dead, but half the book is missing. Then Cage mysteriously appears almost on the anniversary of Ro’s death and doesn’t remember a thing from the past year. He and Mae team up to try and figure out who killed her and how they might bring her back. This is a book with many twists and turns and it does get a bit confusing at times. There are some plot points I can’t figure out and may have read over too fast, but I can’t tell them to you as it would give away parts of the ending. I am not sure I liked this book all that much, it kind of creeped me out in some parts and I didn’t actually connect with any of the characters. It may just be that I loved the last book I read and this one just didn’t have the same impact. But books are like ice cream, everyone has a favorite flavor and someone might really like this one. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...