Sunday, December 29, 2019

Call Down the Hawk

It is fitting that my last completed read of the decade (where does the time go) is the newest by Maggie Stbievater. My darling Rylee bought this for me (my book soulmate and former student) and I have been eagerly anticipating a return to Ronan Lynch. Now if you haven't read The Raven Cycle, you do need to back up and start there. This is about the brothers Lynch. Ronan, the dreamer, Declan the reliable and Matthew the dream. After the death of their father, they are finding a way to make their way in the world amongst some mind shattering secrets. On top of all that, someone is hunting and killing dreamers to save the world from an apocalypse. When they meet Jordan Hennessey, another dreamer, they are in even more danger than they realize. A mysterious man named Bryde may be both the answer they are looking for and the most terrifying of them all. I loved this book, I like the world they live in. I enjoyed getting to know and understand Declan more and loved the glimpses of Gansey and Blue and Adam. It was like meeting up with old friends after graduation and helping them solve some world changing issues. I haven't read anything by this author that I haven't liked and she wrote one of my top 5 in The Scorpio Races. Give it a chance in this new decade and as always, Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...