Sunday, September 23, 2012

Girl of Nightmares

I read the first book Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake over the summer. It was a great read and one of my favorite summer books. Part two finds Cas in despair over what has happened to Anna, a malevolent ghost turned savior, when she pulled the Obeahman out of this world. He is afraid she is suffering, and as he loves her, he is determined to bring her back. Thomas and Carmel, his best friends, are willing to help him and his father's friend Gideon is pulled into the mix. Cas is willing to die to save her and his family is trying to convince him otherwise. Even when everyone tells him it is impossible to save her, he never gives up, risking his life for hers. In his quest to find a way to save her, he winds up in London to take on the Order of the Biodag Dubh, who want to take his weapon from him. He meets Jestine who is to be his replacement. And he goes to the edge of death to try and rescue Anna from Hell. Cas is a great character who is dedicated to saving those he loves. His friends risk death to help him on his quest. And even his "enemy" Jestine, isn't all she seems. Cas winds up having to decide what is best for Anna, even if it means heartbreak for him. I really enjoyed this sequel and it's quirky characters. It's not your typical ghost story. I recommend this to even the most reluctant readers. Still waiting for my new box of books, but don't worry, I have plenty to keep me reading until it arrives. happy reading my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...