Sunday, September 2, 2012

Michael Vey- Rise of the Elgen

Well that was fast. I got a new box of books and a three day weekend- you do the math. Since I know one of my students is anxiously awaiting this book, I thought I would read it first. Earlier this summer I read the first Michael Vey book and loved it. I read it to my class in their reading minute and they loved it. So here is part two. Michael and the Electroclan have just escaped the academy and are on a mission to save Michael's mom. She has been taken to Peru to a secure facility run by the evil Dr. Hatch. He has created a species of electrified rats that he hope to power the world with. Then he plans to blackmail the world to secure electricity. He has his minions at his side as he tries to capture the escaped Glows. Someone is trying to help Michael and his clan, but they can't let anyone know they are helping and often lead Michael into traps. Michael feels the weight of the world on his shoulders as he tries to keep his friends out of harms way while saving the only family he has left. These are some fast paced books that have something for everyone, heroic acts, a love triangle, an evil Dr. and a group of dedicated friends. Oh and lots of electricity! It's fun to see that the nerdy Ostin is often the one saving the day with his mind rather than a power. But as he says- the brain is power. I highly recommend this series to the most reluctant readers, it has short chapters filled with non stop action. And the descriptions of the rats eating whatever is put in their food chute...eww. Enough said- get out there and read something my friends! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...