Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Court of Wings and Ruin

So if you haven't read a book by Sarah Maas yet, run don't walk to the book store. This is the third in her second series about Feyre and Rhysand, Lord and High Lady of the Court of Nightmares. I could tell you all about the plot and who did what and where and who died and all that, but if you haven't read the first two, that would be pointless. I will say this- I read this book between my fingers. I have come to love these characters almost as much as Aelin and Roan. The family created in these pages is lovable, frustrating, powerful and dynamic. The fight they are up against is epic. The consequences are literally life and death. Characters are redeemed, love triangles solved, and new ones created. Evil is unleashed, goodness prevails at times and truces are made. In the end, the lesson is that family is not what you are born into, but what is created through love and respect. The way Rhys treats his family and mate should be taught. I am glad it is over for now, I can breathe several sighs of relief as I wait for more of Aelin's story as she wastes away in an iron coffin in another series. Summer is here and the books are piled up. Give this series a try, but be warned if you are a teacher, this one doesn't go on my 8th grade shelf- too much adult content. Happy reading my friends! (Rhys, Cassian and Az are all on my top ten fictional boys list- but they share a spot due to lack of space)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...