Sunday, June 25, 2017

Once and For All

If you are a Sarah Dessen fan you may understand this- I look forward to reading her books with dread. Because I know that she will introduce characters that will break my heart. And yes, she did it again with this book. Louna is the daughter of a wedding planner. This means Louna works with her mother and her mother's best friend William to create memorable weddings. This, of course, isn't always easy. Especially when her mother hires Ambrose in order to get him off a bride's nerves. Ambrose is everything Louna is not. He is flighty, impulsive, and unbelievably kind while also a serial dater. Louna doesn't believe you can have more than one true love and she knows she has already had hers and it ended in unspeakable tragedy. Ambrose is determined to find out what makes Louna tick even while getting on her very last nerve. I am not going to tell you more about the plot, it is best left to experience on your own. I will say a few things. I love the way the story unfolds as Louna tells the story of her epic love. I love the world of wedding planning, so interesting. I love that Auden makes a brief appearance. I love Ambrose and all he brings to the world. The list he makes in the beginning of the story had me laughing out loud. I love that he blows out every candle he lights to make a wish and then relights it. I love his spirit and presence and how he is in the moment with whoever he is with. And I love the care he shows for everyone, even Ira, the stolen dog. But most of all I love how Louna comes to find that wishes may actually come true. Oh, and I love the wishes she makes for all her wedding couples. I love this author and the the damage she does to me with each new book. So if you are a fan, you already have this book on the shelf and if you aren't, oh boy are you in for a great treat. Happy reading my friends and may all your wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...