Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Demon King

Evil wizards, the bad boy, the loyal friend, the street kid with a mysterious past and a princess. Clans, realms, wars, magic amulets, intrigue and cliffhanger endings. If any of these things appeal to you, check out the book The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. It is the first in the Seven Realms Trilogy. All I can say is after I am done writing this, I will be ordering book two. This is a great fantasy novel with strong characters and lots of mystery and romance. I can't decide who I am rooting for yet- Amon or Han...and how will Micah fit into Raisa's future? There are many storylines to follow, so give it a chance, it will be a tough read at first, but once you get going and follow Raisa into the town disguised as a servant girl, you will be hooked. What are those silver cuffs on Han's wrists that he can't get off, why are the Bayar's chasing him down to retrieve the amulet he stole? Who will Raisa be forced to marry as she comes of age? What hold does Bayar hold over her mother the queen? I still don't know!! That's why I'll be reading book two as soon as it arrives. It's been a good summer of reading so far! What are you all reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...