Friday, June 24, 2011

Sequel 2... City of Fallen Angels

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE JACE whatever his last name is (Herondale, Lightfoot, Morgenstern) . He is one of my all time favorite characters, I love his look, his attitude, his job, his friends. I love him with Clary- she is not some damsel he has to save, in fact, she saves him as much as he saves her. But enough is enough. I can't take anymore. Let them live happily ever after. I mean we have Bella and Edward and Harry and Ginny and even Katniss and Peeta all living out their happily ever afters. I hated Mockingjay, but at least it is over. Now, with that being said, I do love this series, I just want them to be happy for more than one page. This sequel to City of Glass was non stop action and torment. Why can't Jace just be happy? Why can't Simon get a girlfriend? Why can't Luke and Jocelyn just get married? So this sequel finds those crazy Shadowhunters recovering from the deaths of Valentine and Sebastian...or are they? Simon's Mark of Cain, Camille from Clockwork Angel, and Lilith, the mother of all evil make appearances to ruin the peace of our heroes. The consequences of bringing Jace back from the dead will definitely get in the way of happiness for our heroic couple. Ehhhh. I did enjoy the references to Will Herondale from the companion series The Infernal Devices and can't wait to see how they all tie together, but how long must I wait? What a complainer I am today. Sorry. I will stick by Jace to the bitter end, and hopefully it won't be so bitter. I want my own runes and wouldn't mind being a Shadowhunter if this teacher gig doesn't work out. I think I could wield a wicked sword, I'd call mine JACE. Gonna take a break from sequels and read one about a sandman... a new kind of supernatural for me. Happy reading all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...