Monday, June 27, 2011

Linger

     As far as sequels go, this is a good one, and a perfect bridge book. In the first book, Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater, Grace watches the wolves in the woods. One of them is Sam. He is human part of the year and in the winter, he becomes a wolf. When Sam is in human form, he falls in love with Grace, who he has a past with. They spend book one trying to keep Sam human. In this book, Sam is trying hard to believe he will stay human. Grace, however, is showing signs that things aren't right with her-see she was bitten by a wolf when she was just a little girl. This novel introduces a new character Cole. He is a former boy band rockstar who became a wolf willingly to lose himself. How will he help or hurt the situation?  The question becomes, now that Sam is human, what happens if Grace isn't? Can he save her and himself by finding a cure? I guess we all have to wait for book three to see what happens. I, for one, am hoping for a happy ending.
     A new box of books arrived in the mail the other day, and I can't wait to get started on them. The sequel to Demon King, the sequel to Torment and a new book by Wednesday Wars  (one of my all time favorites) author Gary Schmidt.  But first, my book club has picked a book called Starcrossed so that will be next for me. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...