Thursday, June 30, 2016

Flamecaster

I started this book a month ago, read a few pages, got furious and put it down. See, Cinda Williams Chima writes some of my favorite series'. One of them features a boy named Han who is on my top ten fictional boy list. The Seven Realms series is in my top 2 series. Mrs. Chima killed my Han in the first pages of this book. So I'm sure you understand my closing it and pretending it never happened. But cooler head finally prevailed and Rylee told me it was great so I gave it another chance. This new series is the story of Han's son Ash. Ash witnesses his father's death and feels so helpless that he runs away to figure out a way to get revenge. It is also the story of Jenna. A girl living in the town of Delphi where the best you can hope is to survive another day in the mines. She seems to have a knack with fire and explosives (foreshadowing). Jenna has a mark on her neck and knows that one day, it will cause people to come looking for her, but she doesn't know why. Ash and Jenna's paths cross and they see hope in each other. They have a common goal to kill the King of Arden, a blast from Raisa's past- READ the other series first please!!! He is pure evil. The two of them, with help from Lila (I won't tell you who she is, it's a great surprise!) try to find a way to kill the king, save Jenna from another threat and protect the Grey Wolf Throne. I LOVED this book and these characters definitely live up to their predecessors! Even Amon Byrne makes a small appearance (and the romantic in me hope he and Raisa get another chance now that Han is no longer with us). This book is filled with magic, intrigue and romance and I can't wait for the next chapter! I don't know if I can forgive the loss of Han, but this goes a long way toward that forgiveness that his son is just as fun as he was. So my friends, don't be scared, it's gonna be okay! Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...