Saturday, June 4, 2016

Snow Like Ashes

The world is divided into seasons and Winter has the short end of the stick. Their land has been decimated by the other seasons and their people enslaved. All that is left of a once great kingdom is a band of 8 survivors, which includes the King of Winter- Mather- a teenage boy. He is joined by Sir and Meira whose sole purposes are to get back the locket that holds their kingdoms magic so they can reclaim their land and free their people. All Meira wants is to help her king and friend. She wants to be useful, but Sir never lets her do anything dangerous. Her desire to help her kingdom leads her to a marriage with a Rhythym Prince whose kingdom has vowed to help Winter once they are wed. This is not what Meira has in mind of course. She wants to be a soldier and marry Mather and do normal things. But she meets Theron and he is much more that she thought he would be. Unfortunately for Winter, Theron's father is not honorable and brings their enemies to the gate. When Meira is captured and threatened with torture and death, she must use all her senses to find a way to survive. Of course, all is not what it seems and power may be in hands different that what is expected. Lies told over time come to a head and the truth is as explosive as the dark power that is unleashed. Meira must become more than she ever thought she could be to save her people and bring them hope. I had a hard time in the beginning of this book connecting to the characters. I've read many books of this genre and many girls who want to be soldiers etc. and this one didn't catch my attention at first. But I have to say things picked up as the book progressed and I am definitely interested int the rest of the story. Not- I have to run to the store right now and find out what happens- interested, but sometime in the future I can get back to the tale- interested. So, I leave it to you to decide how you feel my friends. It is summer and the books are piled up next to the Barnes and Noble gift cards I was showered with at the end of this amazing school year. Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...