Monday, June 13, 2016

inVision

Nick Gautier is at it again- for the 7th time to be exact. If you haven't started this series- go back to 1 and read Instinct and meet Nick and his world of problems. See, Nick is the big bad- the Malachai who is doomed to end the world and kill all his friends- in the future. This Nick is an awkward 6 ft. 4 inch bundle of insecurity and teen angst. He is surrounded by his ancient posse- Acheron, Kyrian, Caleb, Xev, Simi and Kode. Each doing what they can to help him change the future and stop him from becoming the evil he is destined to be. But changing the future ain't easy, especially when living in the Big Easy. Nick tends to make stupid mistakes with the best intentions. In this volume, he is suddenly without his powers and this can only mean that someone has come from the future to kill him. And that person can only be his son. Unfortunately, Nick isn't even aware he has a son- even a future son. As he starts to get visions of the future, he is even more unsure than ever how to stop the destruction of all he loves. I love this series for a lot of reasons, but sometimes the names and alternate futures can get a bit much. More action, less family tree. But Nick is a first order smart aleck with such a devoted group of friends/protectors that you can't help root for him. Again, there was not enough Kyrian for my taste- he is my favorite, but this was better than the last one and certainly leaves Nick in a precarious position-which he should be used to. I also love the setting even more now that I have traveled to New Orleans and enjoyed my own plate of beignets at Cafe du Monde. So enjoy my chers!   I hope you enjoy Mr. Gautier as much as I do! Happy reading my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of Silver Flames

 Not shelf appropriate for middle school. That being said- Nessa and Cassian. If you know you know. Happy reading my ADULT friends. Now we n...